Thursday, February 15, 2018

MFT Creative Olympics 2018: Event 1..stamping slalom..


Hey,

I saw on Instagram that MFT are celebrating the Winter Olympics with their own version -

I thought it would be fun to play along.

The first 'event' is called Stamping Slalom, this is 100% a creativity test, use x3 MFT sets on your card.

I misread that part initially, but I got there in the end!

First I created my background by smooshing my paper into distress inks that had been spritzed with water. I added some Glitter Snow paste through a stencil for the snowy effect. I repeated both of these steps with the bottom sentiment panel.

I cut the 'snowy hills' using a Lawn Fawn stitched hillside die. I added a white panel too, as the polar bear was getting a bit lost.

I am pretty pleased with my creativity here, I used Beast Friends (Yeti), Polar Bear Pals (Polar Bear) and Happy Hippos (Balloons). To me it feels like the Yeti is watching his Polar Bear buddy skate...but that's just my opinion..
I coloured all of these elements using Promarkers and Spectrum Noir glitter pens.

The sentiment is a mix of Simon Says Stamp and a freebie hand lettering alpha set I got. I didn't have a scripty 'fun' in my stash, so I created the one you can see on my card using the letters from the alpha set. It is so easy..I am now slightly reconsidering my desire to learn to hand letter..if I can cheat this well...

I'm super happy with my card. I'll be back with my Event 2 card tomorrow.

Cx

1 comment:

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx