Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Feeling Inspired...


Hey,

I was browsing through Pinterest and I came across a few ideas for using a stamp set I had, it inspired me to have a play..

The stamp set is Wherever You Go by Stampin' Up, a lot of people used the bridge with the compass stamped behind it and I liked that.

I decided to create a blended background and pulled out all the blue distress inks I have and went to work..I cheated a bit by using a stripe stencil, so I could control the colour application easier.

Once I had the background, I went over it with white ink, then spritzed it and dabbed it with a piece of kitchen town. It gives that softer mottled look.

I stamped the bridge, the compass and the sentiment using my Misti, so I could do it all in one hit!

I thought the black cardblank was perfect for making my panel pop.

Super simple make, I had fun with the background.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. really cool looking card...nice visual depth in the bkg.
    happy stamping,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, love the ombré background. You're more than welcome to have a rummage through my die mountain any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not cheating using the stripe stencil that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx