Wednesday, March 1, 2017

30 days of colouring and a new toy...


Hey,

So March already?!

That means today is the start of the latest 30 days of Colouring - whoo hoo. I love Kathy Rac, she seems like the sweetest person and her colouring skills are off the hook.

If you haven't joined in before it is pretty simple, you just colour every day for 30 days, it can be a 5 min or 5 hr session, totally up to you. We share on Kathy's blog or on Instagram.

Today I thought I would show you what I have been up to with my new lightbox and some of the things that I have prepared for colouring this month.

I have wanted a lightbox for as long as I can remember, but cost and size prevented me from buying one. Now there is this new wave of ultra thin lightboxes that are easy to use and store, but also not cheap. I got mine with a Amazon lightening deal and I am SO pleased with it.

Lightbox with 'Friends' page mid-trace
I love adult colouring books, but I find that I don't love all the pages and I also can't watercolour them. So I have been using my lightbox to create my 'own' colouring pages in my Moleskine watercolour sketchbook.

Essentially because I cannot draw to save my life, I trace bits and pieces from colouring books, old calendar pages, etc. I add my own flourishes too. 

As you can see, the lightbox is thin enough to fit between the pages of my sketchbook and bright enough for me to trace through the watercolour stock. I use a 0.3mm Letraset Sketch pen - waterproof and superfine.

The main photo today shows the Friends page that is on the lightbox all coloured in - using distress inks and an aquabrush. Pretty right?

Here are some more pages that I created, some are already coloured, but there are a couple waiting to be done.





They look so great and they are very therapeutic to do.

Happy Colouring.

Cx

p.s March started right, I won the February Reverse Confetti Sketch challenge - Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx