Saturday, January 21, 2017

CASology: Cut


Hey,

So I am doing pretty good following my operation. I am able to move around and do normal stuff.  A bit stiff and no lifting, housework etc, but all good.

It has been lovely having my Ma here for a week.

This week's CASology cue card -


..Inspired me a lot.

Cut means a couple of different things to me - die-cutting paper and cutting fabric for sewing.

I decided to combine die-cutting and fabric and broke out some ANCIENT adhesive fabric paper that I bought years ago and have never ever used.

I die-cut it using one of my fave Sizzix border dies and added a few stitches to hold it firmly in place. You can just about see the stitches, so here is a close-up.


As I used fabric and stitching I thought that the sentiment from a Freebie set I have would be appropriate.

I love the simplicity of the card and the bright colours make it pop. I really must remember to stamp my sentiments in coordinating colours more often.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you're hugely disappointed at not being able to do any housework... ;) I love how you used that fabric here, Claire! It makes for such a pretty border and the flower pattern pairs perfectly with the sweet sewing sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful interpretation of the cue word! If only I could sew... ;) I love the little strip of pretty fabric! Lovely colors and so much wonderful white space!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx