Saturday, March 26, 2016

Playing with Ferns.....


Hey,

I wanted to show you some things I've made using a new Fern background stamp.

The main photo today shows you the first card I made.

To create the background I inked up the stamp using two or three co-ordinating Distress Inks, then I spritzed it with water before laying my paper on top (this always stresses me out).

After rubbing the paper onto the stamp for a couple of minutes, I lift it off and dry it using the heat tool. The lift off moment is so nerve-wracking as I never know if I am going to get a inky wet mess or watercolourey perfection!

I decided to play around with the stamp a bit more to create backgrounds for some cards I am making as a gift for a friend.

Here are the finished cards -


I used word dies in similar colours, so it's a bit like camouflage.

I love the first card, the second batch, well I like them, but as JT would say, I don't love them..next time I'll use contrasting colour words.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Love that background, beautiful. You did make me laugh with your camouflage comment! I guess you could always pop another die cut in a contrasting colour on top of the original one to make it pop more if you wanted. Or you could just leave it as a hidden message *grin*. Cara x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx