Monday, January 4, 2016

Heating up background stamps..

Hey,

Happy 2016..

Back to work for me today - sigh..can't really complain as I have been off for what feels like forever.

It has been a lot of fun, but not a lot of desk time and I leave for London on Friday, so I'll be chomping at the bit to finally get some time at my desk in about 2 weeks..

I did manage to squeeze in a couple of sessions and today's cards are from a brief play at my desk on Saturday afternoon.

I love Hero Arts background stamps and I saw Kristina Werner use the one on the card below and really wanted it. I finally managed to get my hands on it a couple of months ago in a sale.



Kristina had created a watercoloured background and heat embossed over the top of it..so I thought I would try that out too.

I also had a great moment when Jenn Shurkus sent me her Hero Arts background stamp that I had admired, seen on the main card today. How sweet was that?!

Both of these cards were really simple to make and I had a couple of heat embossing blips that I managed to cover with the wooden embellishments.

I coloured the wood embellishments using Distress paints - the main card uses Candied Apple and the second card used Picket Fence (it didn't photograph that well). The sentiments are by Tim Holtz.

Close-up the heat embossing is really cool, the watercolour backgrounds really pop.

Have a good day back at work..try not to overdo it :)

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Dude this is amazing! I am not brave enough to try such complicated stamps in heat embossing. These are well fit. x

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx