Monday, November 16, 2015

Macho Man cards....


Hey,

Happy Monday!

I am back in NYC - whoop whoop..I love going to London, but I miss Hubby and my desk..

So essentially, no-one is exempt from my year round snailmail bombing...

Not even the totally uninterested in receiving a card boys / men in my life :)

So every now and then I have to sit down and focus on male cards.. 

I decided that stencils would make a nice background for the cards. I used 3 different stencils x2 Heidi Swapp ones (spots and stripes) and a Simon Says Stamp grid one.

I used distress inks to stencil with and I really like the slight variations in colour where I didn't quite blend properly..

I dug out 2 fave stamps, the balloon is by Teresa Collins and the car was a freebie last year. 

I love how they look against the backgrounds, they really pop out.

The sentiments are by Hero Arts and Clearly Besotted.

I mounted them onto co-ordinating coloured card and then mounted the entire thing onto a white card blank.

Here are the other 2 cards that I made - 



Pretty pleased with these bad boys..I think I've found myself a super simple 'male card' formula LOL.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. These are great, I think the stencils are bang-on for texture and love the colors used. Those hot air balloons are lux. yes I know I have hot air balloons but I think yours are nicer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are great male cards Claire… Love the car and balloon stamps and the stencilled backgrounds look really fab! :-)
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx