Thursday, May 14, 2015

Earthy stars...


Hey,

So today is the day that my Ma arrives!!

Can't wait to see her tonight, its going to be a lot of fun.

I thought I'd share a quick little make for a colleague.

I was asked to make a small, simple earthy toned card for his girlfriend's 30th birthday...

Ok, fine..but there needed to be some girly in there right?

I decided to use only scraps.

I had an idea for the background worked out in my head, so I got to work!

I used brown recollections card stock, brown dew drop ink and a stencil girl honeycomb stencil.

How could I make it girly..this was foxing me and then I saw some stars on my desk...

I die cut 3 stars in 2 different sizes and with contrasting patterns and a glittery one for that girl zing! I attached the stars to the card with a mini staple.

Cute, but edgy methinks!

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I hope that you and your mom have some wonderful time shared together during her visit here! I can only imagine how excited you are right now. Moms are precious and priceless. Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the earth tones and subtle stencil on the background. The patterned stars really make it special and unexpected. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stencil and use it all the time! Great card! Hugs Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx