Monday, May 19, 2014

Playdate Part 2 - Setting challenges for ourselves...




Hi,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Mine was oodles of fun - especially the Skype playdate with JT on Saturday, you saw one of the cards yesterday, today I am showing another 2.

The main card is based on an old RetroSketches sketch -
We each chose a sketch to play with.

I used an American Crafts stamp set for this. I stamped 2 flowers and some leaves onto my white backing paper and watercoloured them using Gelatos. I stamped an extra flower and leaves and then cut those out and mounted them onto my card using foam tape - for some dimension. The final touch of lilac bling really brings the card alive.

Very happy with how this came out - it's nice to revisit old sketches.

The next card is based on our fave recipe - x3 papers, x3 embellishments, x1 stamped/coloured image and x1 sentiment.

Sweet Birthday
My new Big Eared Bunny stamp got to come out and play here. I dug out a piece of my fave American Crafts ice cream paper and found 2 more contrasting papers also by American Crafts. I added 3 little bits of bling around the stamp and a sentiment that I created on my computer and then punched with my EK Success label punch.

This card just makes me smile - I must use the recipe more..its fun.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Love both of these but that first one is wow. Where is the sentiment from? Love the bunny and paper convo , I love that pattern but find it intimidating! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, two fab cards!!! Your Skype play dates sound so much fun!!! I love your bunny stamp too, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx