Thursday, May 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandma...


Hi,

It's my Grandma's birthday today.

Now that I am in NYC, she writes to me every month, which is nice esp as we don't always see eye to eye :)

I write back with a pretty card - usually made especially for her.

As I now have the scoring board, I thought I'd up the ante a bit and match her card to her envelope.

I've had the floral papers since I first started crafting!! It is Rose Garden by Papermania and they are so fussy, that they are hard to work with, but suit my Grandma perfectly! I cut a piece of pale blue card stock to size and embossed the front using a free folder that I got with a magazine Lemon brought with her.

The label die cuts were made using my Xcut dies and I added grey adhesive pearls.

It's a bit fussy, but my Grandma is going to love it.

Cx


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Grandma, Love the fact that you write to each other. The internet makes real letters hardly ever come to us now. Love the colours you went for with the card and wow envelope, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, sorry I missed this yesterday! Love that you write to your Grandma, I write back and forth to my elderly aunt in San Francisco and love to do it..love this card - the embossed background is so pretty and so is the envelope to match the card, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those papers look great with the blue - nice use of them! That is a great embossing folder - can't believe that was a freebie!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx