Monday, December 23, 2013

Sunshine!


Hello!

Following my work Christmas party and the balloon hat madness...I laid low on Saturday :) I did manage to go out and eat and pick up the photos for my Smashbook and was surprised at how sunny and warm it was!

The weather in NYC is very odd...I can't keep up.

I was planning on staying away from challenges until the new year, but then I saw RetroSketches #95


The sketch felt like the lovely sunny Saturday and seemed like a great excuse to use a Tim Holz stencil that I have. It looks like a sunburst..similar to the one in the sketch.

I decided to turn the sketch around, it worked better for my birthday card, I liked having the white space to the left of the image.

I got all brave and stenciled in 3 colours DIRECTLY onto the card - EEK!! No mistakes though, this is progress. I also used a Tim Holz stencil for the sentiment topper. I seem to have a Tim Holz thing with this card..as well as the 2 stencils, I used 2 distress inks - Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade. I managed to break it up a bit by using a Studio G Turquoise ink. The sentiment stamp is by Hero Arts.

Pretty pleased with the outcome, it is such a cheery card, makes me smile when I catch a glimpse of it on my desk.

Today is my last day at work until the 27th..yay!

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Fab use of the sketch and stencilling - rotating it is genius. You may be on to something with this stencilling thing Mrs G!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CB...we will be stenciling together on Saturday...you are getting your first lesson...so you can go shopping :) LOL.

      Delete
  2. A perfect take on the sketch, Claire, and perfect for the weird NYC weather! Not to mention brave, too! Way to go!! Again, Happy Holidays!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is gorgeous Claire… lovely and bright and cheerful… nice to see a touch of sunshine after the awful weather we've had here in UK today! :-))
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx