Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Personal Christmas

Hello!

I was going to write a post about our personal Christmas cards and then I saw the Designed to Color challenge #23 Christmas / Winter - it fits my cards perfectly.

Their sponsor this time is Penny Black...which is crazy, because two of my cards are made using Penny Black stamps.

The main photo is my entry. This year I wanted to send cards that reflected where we are and where we are from! When I stumbled across the Penny Black stamps it all came together.

I stamped them onto white card and then scanned them in, so I could remove the New York and London wording and add my own Christmas greeting - it also means I don't have to stamp 70 cards!!

I am using the New York version (my main photo and entry) for our UK based friends / family.

Below is the London version is for the US based friends and family.

Penny Black Stamp - London
I also stenciled a NYC skyline and scanned that in too. I am using it for some of the cards, to alleviate the colouring burden :)
NYC Stencil by Crafters Workshop
I coloured the cards using Promarkers -
NYC card = Sunflower (taxi), Poppy (bag and coat), Icicle (buildings) , Frosted Leaf (trees and bushes).
London card = Poppy (phone box, coat, umbrella, dog's coat, Queen's guard, underground sign), Warm Grey 3 (Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge), Icicle (buildings, London Eye, lamp posts), Sunflower & Cocktail Pink (flowers), Black Aquamarker (taxi), Royal Blue (underground sign)

It's not really showing up in the photos, but I did add touches of stickles glitter glue on all of the cards.

Even Hubby loves these and you know he doesn't understand Christmas cards! So I hope our friends and family love them too.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. Ah these are brilliant, What great cards, Im sure your Folks will adore them, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great !
    I love the stamps too.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx