Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kenny K Stamps


Recently I've shown you a card using Kenny K stamps and you've seen some others on my desk. I am really loving these right now and Kenny K and his Krew are making me want to spend my hoarded cash on more and more digital stamps.

So before I spend all of my money and run out of electric :) I thought I'd show you what I've been making using all these finished stamps.

I am also entering the Kenny K Challenge this week - Heart and Flowers - my main photo is Hubby's Valentine's card and it's my entry. I LOVE it!! I cut out the Devil Girl using a really cool tool - a Fiskar's finger tip swivel knife. I then used foam tape to make her stand out from the paper. The paper is by Pink Petticoat, the heart was made using my Woodware scalloped heart punch and the flower is one that I made using the tools I mentioned in a previous post. I added a bit of red glitter glue here and there, but it doesn't show up as well in the photos.

I hope Hubby loves it, a couple of people have seen it and said that they loved it, so here's hoping he feels the same. I should probably mention that I am have not yet mastered my own skin tone...I'm working on it :) Here are a couple of close-ups - if you look closely enough at the flower you will notice the little bit of bling is flower shaped too!!
Devil Girl Close-up
Heart and Flower Close-up
These cards were inspired by the rediscovery of a random corner punch - I can't describe it, you'll have to look at the photos...sorry!

I matched the backing papers to the main colour of the stamp and added a contrasting Candi. I also added the odd touch of glitter glue. I like the simplicity of these, as the stamps are quite detailed.




The next card is the one that was on my desk yesterday...I was going to use it for a friend's 40th birthday, but I decided it didn't contrast with the number chipboards that I have already decided I am using (?!). Anyway, it is now going to my Brother-in-Law, I'm not sure what my SIL will think, but I like it and I think Stu will too :)


I like the idea of her sitting on a wall, the sentiment didn't stamp quite as well, but imperfections happen when you make stuff by hand....right?

Originally I bought one of these stamps to make a special order, but then I decided that they were such fun to colour, I would just buy more and use them for practice. However, they are so pretty and have come out so well that they are begging to be used. So watch out, you might get a random Kenny K stamped card coming to you soon!!

Cx

5 comments:

  1. Great range of cards. They all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the images, very spicy! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - they are indeed spicy, just something a bit different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of cards! Love them all- just fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Krew! Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow they are all sooo cool :-) Love them!!!
    Thanxs for sharing at Kenny K`s Kraft Krew :-)
    Hugs from Karin

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx