Tuesday, November 27, 2012

She's HOW OLD?!


So, my beloved Goddaughter Amy-Jo turned 17 last week, it made me feel really old. But I am very proud of her and happy at how lovely and clever she is.

Today's main photo is of the card I made her. I wanted it to be a bit girly, but still have a bit of a tough urban teenagery type edge. Er? What?!

Anyway, I just bought these lovely sheets of kraft card and wanted to try them out. So I embossed half of it using my fave giant spot folder, out came the remaining piece of cherry paper to be used as a border between the spotty and plain areas of the card. Then I decided that I wanted some sort of flower and thought that the buttons I bought in Amsterdam would work as the centre of the flower. I punched a scalloped circle of heavy red paper and crumpled it up, rubbed it with one of my new Tim Holz Distress Inks in Festive Berries. Finally I added a giant 'Happy Birthday' peel-off in red.

I love this card, it just captures Amy-Jo perfectly.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx