Monday, November 12, 2012

Playdate Fun..


I love Playdates with JT.

Basically we go to each other's homes and sit around crafting with the other one's stash - the guest brings a few things, but not too much as craft gear is heavy! And we all know it's way better fun to play with someone else's stash!

Last Sunday we had a playdate at my house, JT brought the snacks and the idea for the session (remember the joyfold tryouts happened during a playdate). JT is off to visit her family for Thanksgiving and has been asked to bring some card sets, so we thought we'd make them together.

It was really nice to do something that isn't CHRISTMAS (sigh) also it was lots of fun, we made 3 sets each and a few individual cards. Today's main photo is of my favourite set that I made - love the contrast of the zebra print paper and the yellows, think the flower softens it all.

Here is the rest of our output -

Hello Hearts by JT
Love this lilac card, utilizing one of our favourite embossing folders and the ink braying technique. The red foam hearts are from my recent trip to Amsterdam.

Flowery Wall by Me
I am currently in love with this brick embossing folder, I am also a big fan of this lazy string tying thing, so rewarding for so little effort!

Thank You Labels by Me

Thank You Labels by JT
Even though JT and I used different ideas from Pinterest, I think these 2 sets are very similar. I like the soft muted colours in both of them.

Mini Thank You Squares by JT
This was the first set JT made and I am very jealous that she finally found a way to use these beautiful V&A papers. I've had them forever and always found them really hard to work with. I love this card...can you make me some JT?

Personal Stash Thank You by JT
Whilst it's fun making for other people, there is nothing sweeter than topping up your own personal card supply! This card is so much fun and it uses the random Martha Stewart Halloween cupcake thingys (orange circle) that I got for 10c in TJMaxx in NYC!! I forgot to take a photo of my personal stash cards and they have been posted now...

Last but not least JT's sister got engaged - yay! And so we found time to make here these totally awesome cards...

Pink Hearts by JT
 JT went all out on the pink theme! Love it! I was a bit more reserved, as I have never actually met JT's sister, I thought low key might be best. Like the grey and yellow colour combo.

Grey and Yellow Hearts by Me

I need another playdate soon..please?

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx