Sunday, May 13, 2012

Organisation is key!


So the flat is still chaos, but there are 2 high points - 1) all the windows are now in and they are beautiful and 2) the craft room is habitable. Yay!
I think Hubby made sure that I could get back in there (albeit temporarily) so I didn't murder someone! I hate not being able to craft at the weekend.
Did I fool you with the main picture? That is so not my craft room - I wish. The new shelving has given me food for thought, so I am carefully sorting through everything I took off the old shelves and re-organising. I have bought new Really Useful Boxes so I can get rid of some of the more makeshift storage I've been using. Whilst I was working at my desk today, I realised that my Epic Six is in an awkward position, it's been relocated now and I am much happier. I think this is going to keep happening whilst I work out how to best use the space.

Today, I have been mainly working on a couple of big orders I have to fill, as I am a bit behind due to the window chaos. Sorry no photos for you, as I can't actually find my camera - so I'll take some later in the week.

This is a template from Sew.Craft.Create and I used it today, but modified it slightly (you'll see later on in the week)

I think this template is going to come in really handy, it's so easy to use.

I also made a few of these butterfly cards - I mentioned them before, they are really easy to make and I slightly changed the style of them today - once again photos later in the week.


I made a few more of these rocket cards - I change the colours so they can be suitable for kids or adults - this one is for an adult, using muted tones. The rocket is a Cuttlekids die - they are great and reasonably priced - I find it's a good idea to cut them out using white cardstock and then colour them using Promarkers, otherwise the flame is hard to do. I used my favourite star and big dot embossing folders.



A very nice day to round off a nice weekend.

Cx

2 comments:

  1. If that was your new craft room I'd be moving in. That's not a joke, it's a threat. The nicer your craft room gets, the more likely you are to have a short American friend who refuses to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - I'll make sure and remember that when I am building the giant craft room in the loft next year......minor flaw, Hubby is not falling in with this plan..

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx