Friday, January 14, 2011

Sew Beautiful!

Hello!
Diary Cover - from Tokyo Textiles

So despite the rather cardmaking heavy focus of my blog, it does not mean I have by any means stopped sewing.

My wedding planner Marie - who has become a very good friend, has asked me to make her a diary cover. I jumped at the opportunity to try something new and to use some great fabrics from my stash. Marie is quite a girly girl, so I have trawled through my fabrics, trying to find something to suit her and I have 2 choices, so I have decided to make two covers and let her choose! Did I mention that she kindly offered to pay me. I haven't declined the offer of payment, instead I told her to decide what she thinks it's worth and gave her a price range - I think this is a good idea.

So making a diary cover is pretty straightforward, but I do not like to waste fabric, so decided to hunt for a tutorial and came across this one on Tokyo Textiles I am already a fan of their fabrics, which they sell online - their current site is a pilot to see what people want - great idea, I should totally try this with my things! Because I am already a fan, I was delighted to find a tutorial on their site.

In honour of both Marie and Tokyo Textiles, today's pic is the finished diary cover from the tutorial, I should have mine to show you in a couple of days.

I didn't win the DYSU Challenge 1 - but I don't mind, my time will come and I was inspired by their challenge blog to enter a challenge so that's pretty cool. Also I really loved looking at the other entries - people are very talented, I have much to learn.

On a final note for this week, Hubby and I are very excited as my Dad is coming to lay the new floor in our bedroom tomorrow - which means we will soon be dust / cat hair free under our bed, as we are laying a laminate floor. Yipee!

Have a good weekend, I'll be back on Monday (maybe Tuesday).

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx