Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Babies Babies Everywhere!

Don't worry, I am NOT having a baby!

I just realised last night that I have made A LOT of new baby cards recently (all of which are gorgeous!!) and I was wondering why that was.

I think it's because lots of my close friends had babies in 2010 and my sister-in-law who is a great friend (she is how I met Hubby) is expecting her first child in Feb 2011 and I think it's been on my mind.

Not only am I excited to meet my first genuine Niece or Nephew (I'm an only child, so marriage was the only way this could happen), but Lucy has always been such a bit supporter of my card making that I guess I have been thinking about the card I can make for Hubby and I to welcome the new baby into the world!

Here are a few examples of some of the cards I have been making.

A

B

C

 
D
A - was made using my mind eye wild asparagus papers and the cute It's a girl sticker is from Jemcraft Memories (they are one of my fave online craft shops), I also used a plain pink paper from my craft store and used a hobbycraft pram punch for the border/trim.

B - used the same papers and stickers as A - but I used a X-Cut scallop border punch for the trim.

C - I used a great blue pinstripe paper that was in a beautiful pack I got in TK Maxx (they sell amazing discount craft goodies), I think they are by American Crafts. Same sticker as before, but It's a boy and a plain blue paper using a hobbycraft boat punch for the trim.

D - I confess I do have a favourite and these are it! Lovely gingham papers (I re-coloured them) that were on a free disk that came with Complete Cardmaking Issue 27. The elephant stamp and the sentiment are from a set by Pink Petticoat and I coloured them using Promarkers and stickles. Cute, right?!

It's been fun trying out different techniques and ideas. This is why I am loving the challenge thing - it made me really happy to enter one of my creations. Roll on next week so I can start the next one!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx