Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weddings, Fabric and Baby Quilts




Hello!

I am very excited about my first post on my shiny new blog.

I spent the weekend at a lovely country Wedding in Leicestershire, which gave me the opportunity to indulge my love of fabric with a small trip to the fabric stalls at the market.

If you have never been to Leicester market, I really would advise that you try to at some point, the fabric stalls are great and the stall holders are really knowledgeable and helpful, but the fresh produce sold in the market is great too.

Anyway, I had a perfectly valid reason for visiting the market, as I am about to start making a baby quilt for a friend. He has made a special request for a quilt that has the Union Jack on it, but in the Cypriot flag colours (white, olive and orange), to reflect the new arrival's heritage! It's a bit of a departure for me, but I think it should come out quite well and I will post pics when it's complete.

The pic here (which is not great I'm afraid, but I'm working on that!) is of a quilt that I made earlier in the year.

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Hello Claire, Welcome in blog's world, Its nice to see your quilt, I never work on quilt but I love as they look the work of art and patience, I am sure you can share more beautiful work of yours...

    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/

    Its my blog, hope you can visit there and find something according to your taste..Love

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) commencing 25 May 2018 by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it..I will come and visit you too! IF YOU GET THE I'M NOT A ROBOT COMMENT, IGNORE IT AND CLICK PUBLISH AS NORMAL.
Thanks Cx